5 FACTS ABOUT E-COMMERCE IN INDIA
1. India is the winner of Asia
India's e-commerce revenue is expected to jump from USD 30 billion in 2016 to USD 120 billion in 2020, growing at an annual rate of 51%, the highest in the world, according to a joint ASSOCHAM-Forrester study paper.
It is a fact that China and Japan are giants in terms of e-commerce. However, the same study highlighted that against India's annual expansion of 51 percent, China's e-commerce is growing at 18%, Japan 11%, and South Korea 10%. Shortly, India grows faster.
2. Mobile Mobile Mobile...
ASSOCHAM says in India, roughly 60-65 percent of the total e-commerce sales are being generated by mobile devices and tablets. Shopping online through smartphones is proving to be a game changer, and industry leaders believe that m-commerce(mobile commerce) could contribute up to 70 percent of their e-commerce revenues.
3. Men are first
Even if surprisingly old age population is active in e-commerce, the majority of digital shoppers in India are male who are between 25 and 34 years old. It is thought that this is cause of the gender gap in mobile phone ownership and usage rate in Asia region. According to Gender Gap in Mobile Usage Reports of GSMA, women in South Asia are 26% less likely to own a mobile phone and 70% less likely to use mobile internet than men. Most Indian women are more likely to “borrow” phones from friends and family rather than own a device.
4. New and Avid boy of the Town: Amazon
Amazon entered the India e-commerce market in 2012 with Jungle.com. According to Statistica research, In 2017, Amazon.in was the leading online store in India with net e-commerce sales of 561.4 million U.S. dollars, followed by local competitors Flipkart and Myntra
5. You can Track Your India Shipments Online
Thanks to ShipsGo.com Live Tracking module you can track your shipment around the world on a live map. Free Trial is Available Now.
- Grow With Shipsgo Stories
- Spanish Freight Forwarder Transmec de Bortoli Group Espana Gives Digital Tracking Services with ShipsGo
- Grow With Shipsgo Academy
- Understanding the Container Port Costs as a Business Strategy
- Shipping Lines’s Ocean Schedules are not Reliable..
- How do I get rid of high demurrage costs?
- Value of the Cargo & Share of the Container Transport Freight
- Inventory Carrying Cost
- The Costs of Goods in Transit (In-Transit Inventory) in Container Shipping
- Unexpected Shipment Delays
- Russian Leading Container Transportation Company uses API service of ShipsGo for container tracking
- Turkish Leader Industrial Mineral and Metallic Producer Esan Uses ShipsGo Container Tracking Module
- Turkish Freight Forwarder has increased web site traffic significantly with ShipsGo IFrame tracking tool
- 5 things every company should know about cybersecurity
- How a leading BCO (Beneficial Cargo Owner) Integrated its ERP System with ShipsGo
- Japan Foreign Trade and Shipping Routes
- Turkish Soap and Personal Care Products Exporter Evyap Uses ShipsGo Container Tracking Module
- Evyap Benefit 1
- Evyap Benefit 2
- Evyap Benefit 3
- How Can BCOs Benefit from ShipsGo Platform?
- How Easy to use API: Transformation from EDI to API
- How a Frozen Food Exporter Benefits from ShipsGo Tracking Module ?
- SEGEA Benefit 1
- SEGEA Benefit 2