August 2017 Rhythm of the Container Transportation Research
Cntracking.com is a digital platform which provides services to users in container transportation ecosystem in more than 160 countries. Container tracking and searching routes between all ports in world services are provided by an platform and the platform has been increasing its number of its users day by day. Increase in number of its users naturally provides abundant data and this allows researches to share with the public.
Rhythm of the Container Transportation Research is a spatial study the for this purpose of sharing with the public every month. The purposes of the study are 1) Defining most preferred ship owners, 2) finding the most searched 10 Container routes and 3) evaluating accessibility of Turkish Ports with other ports based on transit time.
2. Research Area
The research was conducted with the compilation of anonymous data of 11,243 different users actions within www.cntracking.com in August 2017. Users logged in to platform 20.076 times while opening 46,862 pages in August 2017. The average session time spent per user is 02:26 minutes (see Table 1).
Table 1. Sample of Research: Cntracking platform users
|Sess Number||Number of Users||Number of viewed pages||Avg. of Sess Time|
www.cntracking .com platform is used in more than 160 countries. 33.8% of the users are from Turkey, 9.38% are from India and 5.76% of the users are from U.S.A. (See Table 2)
Table 2. Sample of Research: Distribution of Cntracking platform users by country
|COUNTRY||FREQUENCY OF USAGE|
2.1 Key Findings of the Study
Key findings of the study is covered in three main sections;
2.2 Ship Owner Preference of the Users
Cntracking platform allows tracking containers on ship owner basis to the users. You can see the most searched 5 ship owners in August 2017 in Table 3. According to table, MSC (15.36%), Maersk (13.49) and CMA CGM (11.30%) are the most searched ship owners.
Table 3. Ship owner preference of the users.: August 2017
|NAME OF SHIPOWNER||DEMAND|
( SAF +SEAGO + MCC )
2.2. Most Searched Routes
Cntracking platform allows users to search routes free and provides information about ETA and transit time of the ship owners on the route. The top ten most searched routes from Turkish ports in August 2017 are listed in Table 4. Mersin-Doha(Qatar), Mersin-Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) and Izmir-Doha(Qatar) are the most viewed ones. It can be interpreted that the Qatar crisis is the reason why the port of Doha is at the forefront in the searches.
Table 4. Top 10 From Turkey Route: August 2017
|MERSIN ||DOHA (Qatar)||0,48%|
|MERSIN,|| JEDDAH,(Saudi Arabia)||0,38%|
|IZMIR ||DOHA (Qatar)||0,30%|
|MERSIN ||ALEXANDRIA (Egypt)||0,29%|
|ISTANBUL ( AMBARLI,) || CHITTAGONG (Bangladesh)||0,28%|
|ISTANBUL ( AMBARLI,) || DOHA (Qatar)||0,28%|
|IZMIT ( GEBZE ) ||,TOBRUK (Libya)||0,28%|
|MERSIN || ASHDOD ( İsrael)||0,28%|
Globally the most searched 10 routes are listed in Table 5. Alexandria(Egypt)-Shuwaikh(Kuwait), Felixstowe(UK)-Toronto(Canada) and Hamburg(Germany)-Jebel Ali(UAE) are the most searched routes in August 2017.
Table 5. Top 10 Searched Global Routes: August 2017
|ALEXANDRIA (Egypt) || SHUWAIKH (Kuwait)||0,30%|
|FELIXSTOWE (UK) || TORONTO ( Canada)||0,17%|
|HAMBURG (Germany),|| JEBEL ALI (UAE)||0,15%|
|NHAVA,SHEVA (India) || DJIBOUTI||0,15%|
|PORT EVERGLADES (USA) || NASSAU (Bahamas)||0,15%|
|SHANGHAI (China),|| LOS ANGELES (USA)||0,13%|
|JAKARTA (Indonesia)|| KLAIPEDA ( Latvia)||0,12%|
|JEDDAH (Saudi,Arabia) || NINGBO (China)||0,12%|
|SINGAPORE ||,HAVANA (Cuba)||0,12%|
|PIRAEUS (Greece),|| VALENCIA (Spain)||0,11%|
2.3 Evaluation of Accessibility Of Turkish Ports Based On Transit Time
This analysis includes minimum and maximum transit times of the chose routes from Turkish ports which measured by Cntracking platform(See Table 6). In some routes -depending to the quality of the services provided by ship owners- transit times might be significantly different. For example, the transit time of the Istanbul Ambarlı - Bangladesh Chittagong route is measured as a maximum of 35 days and a minimum of 21 days. On the other hand; Istanbul Ambarlı - Pakistan Karachi (14 days difference) and İzmir - Hamad (13 days difference) routes are also included in the lines which vary significantly in transit times.
Table 6. ) Evaluation of Accessibility Of Turkish Ports Based On Transit Time.: August 2017
|LOADING PORT||DISCHARGE PORT||MIN. TRANSIT TIME,(Day)||MAKS. TRANSIT TIME,(Day)||DIFF.,(Day)|
|JEBEL ALI (UAE)||16||23||7|
|PORT KELANG (Malesia)||48||48||0|
|ABU DHABI (UAE)||32||32||0|
|ABU DHABI (UAE)||22||22||0|
|JEBEL ALİ (UAE)||16||21||5|
|JEDDAH (Saudi Arabia)||7||12||5|
|JEDDAH (Saudi Arabia)||4||8||4|
|FOS,SUR MER (France)||10||14||4|
|NHAVA SHEVA (India)||31||34||3|
|PORT SUDAN (Sudan)||18||19||1|
- Grow With Shipsgo Stories
- Spanish Freight Forwarder Transmec de Bortoli Group Espana Gives Digital Tracking Services with ShipsGo
- Grow With Shipsgo Academy
- Understanding the Container Port Costs as a Business Strategy
- Shipping Lines’s Ocean Schedules are not Reliable..
- How do I get rid of high demurrage costs?
- Value of the Cargo & Share of the Container Transport Freight
- Inventory Carrying Cost
- The Costs of Goods in Transit (In-Transit Inventory) in Container Shipping
- Unexpected Shipment Delays
- Russian Leading Container Transportation Company uses API service of ShipsGo for container tracking
- Turkish Leader Industrial Mineral and Metallic Producer Esan Uses ShipsGo Container Tracking Module
- Turkish Freight Forwarder has increased web site traffic significantly with ShipsGo IFrame tracking tool
- 5 things every company should know about cybersecurity
- How a leading BCO (Beneficial Cargo Owner) Integrated its ERP System with ShipsGo
- Japan Foreign Trade and Shipping Routes
- Turkish Soap and Personal Care Products Exporter Evyap Uses ShipsGo Container Tracking Module
- Evyap Benefit 1
- Evyap Benefit 2
- Evyap Benefit 3
- How Can BCOs Benefit from ShipsGo Platform?
- How Easy to use API: Transformation from EDI to API
- How a Frozen Food Exporter Benefits from ShipsGo Tracking Module ?
- SEGEA Benefit 1
- SEGEA Benefit 2
- Beyond the Container Shipping Visibility: How ShipsGo Reacted to Beirut Explosion
- What ShipsGo offers with container tracking API service?
- Why you should have ShipsGo container tracking service?
- What is the approach of ShipsGo to the Suez Canal accident?
- TeuSmile 101