How Easy to use API: Transformation from EDI to API
EDI (Electronic Data Exchange) is known as a technological infrastructure designed to perform all the information flows in the business workflows safely and quickly. This technology, which came up in the 1990s, is also an essential element of the shipping industry. However, with the advent of digitalization and cloud technology, the disadvantages of this system have become more evident.
EDI is committed to standards in inter-institutional technological integration; ANSI, EDIFACT and ebXML. There are also three different sub-versions of each of these standards. Although this increases the variety of standards, it creates problems, especially for small and medium-sized companies. While working with large firms, small firms that are trying to meet their standards cannot do this effectively. EDI is also unable to meet the needs of supply chain visibility, one of the most important and critical concepts of recent times.
API is a Simple Technology
API (Application Programming Interface) is defined as the interface provided by the application that shares the capabilities of an application so that it can be used in another application. API is a technology that has come up in the last decade. The shipping and logistics sector has just begun to meet. In March 2019, the Journal of Commerce (JOC), one of the leading industry magazines, emphasized the importance of API for the shipping industry.
A more agile technology than EDI, the API quickly and reliably shares data on your system with another system. A technology company that provides container tracking services shares the API code with a foreign trade or freight forwarder company to do the follow-up on an ERP system. The company places this API code in its system in a short time (maybe minutes) and completes the installation. Then, as the company queries, the company can connect to the network of the container tracking platform and update the container status instantly.
ShipsGo, supplies API service for its BCO and freight forwarder companies. For Example, SASA uses ShipsGo services both in inbound (import) and outbound (export) logistics activities. After the integration of ShipsGo with SASA’s SAP-ERP system, the company can collect information from ShipsGo system concerning the location of containers and ETA about the related POL/POD port. SASA IT Team developed customized reports and alerts concerning the expectations of logistics/transport departments by the help of the data supported by the ShipsGo. If you want to learn more, click https://www.shipsgo.com/en/grow-with-shipsgo/stories/topic/how-a-leading-bco-beneficial-cargo-owner-integrated-its-erp-system-with-shipsgo and read the story.
- Grow With Shipsgo Stories
- Spanish Freight Forwarder Transmec de Bortoli Group Espana Gives Digital Tracking Services with ShipsGo
- Grow With Shipsgo Academy
- Understanding the Container Port Costs as a Business Strategy
- Shipping Lines’s Ocean Schedules are not Reliable..
- How do I get rid of high demurrage costs?
- Value of the Cargo & Share of the Container Transport Freight
- Inventory Carrying Cost
- The Costs of Goods in Transit (In-Transit Inventory) in Container Shipping
- Unexpected Shipment Delays
- Russian Leading Container Transportation Company uses API service of ShipsGo for container tracking
- Turkish Leader Industrial Mineral and Metallic Producer Esan Uses ShipsGo Container Tracking Module
- Turkish Freight Forwarder has increased web site traffic significantly with ShipsGo IFrame tracking tool
- 5 things every company should know about cybersecurity
- How a leading BCO (Beneficial Cargo Owner) Integrated its ERP System with ShipsGo
- Japan Foreign Trade and Shipping Routes
- Turkish Soap and Personal Care Products Exporter Evyap Uses ShipsGo Container Tracking Module
- Evyap Benefit 1
- Evyap Benefit 2
- Evyap Benefit 3
- How Can BCOs Benefit from ShipsGo Platform?
- How Easy to use API: Transformation from EDI to API
- How a Frozen Food Exporter Benefits from ShipsGo Tracking Module ?
- SEGEA Benefit 1
- SEGEA Benefit 2