The Costs of Goods in Transit (In-Transit Inventory) in Container Shipping
Goods in transit refer to merchandise and other inventory items that have been shipped by the seller but have not yet been received by the buyer. Let’s take the shipping journey from Guanta to Los Angeles (https://www.shipsgo.com/service-finder/guanta/los-angeles). It takes 30 days approximately. To calculate the costs of in-transit inventory, logisticians should know the annual inventory costs of their companies. It changes approximately 20-25 % of the inventory at hand. In this case, let’s take it at 25 %. Also, also let’s take the value of cargo in 20’ container as of $50,000.
Do the math;
average shipment value of $50,000 x annual inventory carrying cost of 25% = $12,500 per year/365 = $34.24 per day).
From Guanto to Los Angeles, it takes 30 days approximately.
So the cost of good in transit is equal to $1,027 per container.
If you have 50 containers shipment per month; your monthly cost of goods of transit is equal to $1,027 x 50 = $51,350
As a logistician tour task is to reduce the transit time and needless to say decrease the in-transit inventory costs. ShipsGo service finder can offer to assist and offer you Long Beach (6 km away from Los Angeles) instead of Los Angeles as POD (Port of Discharge) for the sake of reducing transit times for 4-5 days.
- Grow With Shipsgo Stories
- Spanish Freight Forwarder Transmec de Bortoli Group Espana Gives Digital Tracking Services with ShipsGo
- Grow With Shipsgo Academy
- Understanding the Container Port Costs as a Business Strategy
- Shipping Lines’s Ocean Schedules are not Reliable..
- How do I get rid of high demurrage costs?
- Value of the Cargo & Share of the Container Transport Freight
- Inventory Carrying Cost
- The Costs of Goods in Transit (In-Transit Inventory) in Container Shipping
- Unexpected Shipment Delays
- Russian Leading Container Transportation Company uses API service of ShipsGo for container tracking
- Turkish Leader Industrial Mineral and Metallic Producer Esan Uses ShipsGo Container Tracking Module
- Turkish Freight Forwarder has increased web site traffic significantly with ShipsGo IFrame tracking tool
- 5 things every company should know about cybersecurity
- How a leading BCO (Beneficial Cargo Owner) Integrated its ERP System with ShipsGo
- Japan Foreign Trade and Shipping Routes
- Turkish Soap and Personal Care Products Exporter Evyap Uses ShipsGo Container Tracking Module
- Evyap Benefit 1
- Evyap Benefit 2
- Evyap Benefit 3
- How Can BCOs Benefit from ShipsGo Platform?
- How Easy to use API: Transformation from EDI to API
- How a Frozen Food Exporter Benefits from ShipsGo Tracking Module ?
- SEGEA Benefit 1
- SEGEA Benefit 2