BRITISH CONTAINERSHIP LOSES 42 CONTAINERS OVERBOARD OFF JAPAN
The UK Marine Accident Investigation Branch has launched an investigation into the loss of dozens of containers from a British containership off Japan.
The MAIB says 42 containers were lost overboard from the UK-flagged MV Ever Smart approximately 700nm east of Japan on October 30, 2017.
The incident appears to have occurred as the Ever Smart was underway from Taipei, Taiwan to the Port of Los Angeles on the U.S. west coast. The ship is due to arrive at the port on November 8.
On the day of the incident, meteorologists were tracking a powerful hurricane force low-pressure system over the northwestern Pacific.
In February 2015, the MV Ever Smart was involved in a fairly major head-on collision with a tanker while departing the port of Jebel Ali in the UAE.
The ship is managed by Evergreen Marine (UK).
Source : gCaptain
- Fire-Ravaged Maersk Honam Reaches Gulf of Oman
- EU is One More Step Closer to Trade Agreements with Japan and Singapore
- Hapag-Lloyd Makes First-Ever Call at Prince Rupert Port in Canada
- KfW to Back Responsible Ship Recycling
- ReCAAP Warns of Abu Sayyaf Kidnapping Threat in Malaysia
- Panama Canal to Raise Maximum Draft for Neopanamax Locks
- SeaIntel: Shortage of Feeders by End of 2020
- COSCO Shipping Dismisses Another Dormant Business
- In Depth- Container Efficiency Through Cooperation
- Haiphong Container Terminal Opens for Business
- COSCO Gets Nod for OOCL Takeover in the Nick of Time
- CMA CGM FAK rates changes from North Europe and Mediterranean to the Pacific Islands
- Yang Ming Seals Charter for 10 Boxship Newbuilds
- Digital Logistics: From Trend to Norm
- China’s COSCO Shipping wins U.S. security clearance for OOIL deal.
- Hapag-Lloyd Dismisses CMA CGM Merger Reports
- CMA CGM Extends Charter for Diana Containerships’ Unit
- Green light for CMA CGM $380m investment in Ceva Logistics
- Forwarders braced for impact on trade in China retaliation to latest Trump tariffs
- Drewry, Ascent of the Charter Market Is Over
- Yilport Makes a Bid for Italian Box Terminal Concession
- Trade war sparks more capacity cuts on transpacific container trades
- Maersk Line, MSC Team Up with ZIM
- 'Overcapacity not trade wars to blame for falling demand on Asia-US east coast'
- COSCO Shipping Lines Falls Victim to Cyber Attack
- COSCO Takes Majority Stake in OOCL