CMA CGM to Bring Artificial Intelligence on Board Ships
Through the collaboration, launched at the beginning of the year, Shone is to access the company’s vessels to finalize the development of AI aboard.
The startup, specializing in the use of artificial intelligence for maritime transportation, is thus allowed to take onboard data collection systems which are then analyzed at its headquarters in San Francisco. Once the development is finalized, this innovation will facilitate the work of crews on board, whether in decision support, maritime safety or piloting assistance.
As far as security and anti-collision alert systems are concerned, Shone fuses data from multiple sensors in order to increase detection accuracy, thus preventing potential collisions, taking into account COLREGs.
“This collaboration is fully in line with the group’s strategy of innovation at the service of digital transformation,” CMA CGM said.
Soruce: World Maritime News
- Fire-Ravaged Maersk Honam Reaches Gulf of Oman
- EU is One More Step Closer to Trade Agreements with Japan and Singapore
- Hapag-Lloyd Makes First-Ever Call at Prince Rupert Port in Canada
- KfW to Back Responsible Ship Recycling
- ReCAAP Warns of Abu Sayyaf Kidnapping Threat in Malaysia
- Panama Canal to Raise Maximum Draft for Neopanamax Locks
- SeaIntel: Shortage of Feeders by End of 2020
- COSCO Shipping Dismisses Another Dormant Business
- In Depth- Container Efficiency Through Cooperation
- Haiphong Container Terminal Opens for Business
- COSCO Gets Nod for OOCL Takeover in the Nick of Time
- CMA CGM FAK rates changes from North Europe and Mediterranean to the Pacific Islands
- Yang Ming Seals Charter for 10 Boxship Newbuilds
- Digital Logistics: From Trend to Norm
- China’s COSCO Shipping wins U.S. security clearance for OOIL deal.
- Hapag-Lloyd Dismisses CMA CGM Merger Reports
- CMA CGM Extends Charter for Diana Containerships’ Unit
- Green light for CMA CGM $380m investment in Ceva Logistics
- Forwarders braced for impact on trade in China retaliation to latest Trump tariffs
- Drewry, Ascent of the Charter Market Is Over
- Yilport Makes a Bid for Italian Box Terminal Concession
- Trade war sparks more capacity cuts on transpacific container trades
- Maersk Line, MSC Team Up with ZIM
- 'Overcapacity not trade wars to blame for falling demand on Asia-US east coast'
- COSCO Shipping Lines Falls Victim to Cyber Attack
- COSCO Takes Majority Stake in OOCL