COSCO Shipping Lines Welcomes Another 14,500 TEU Boxship
The naming and delivery ceremony for the ultra large container vessel (ULCV) was held at Jiangnan Changxing Shipbuilding on June 13, 2018.
Flying the flag of Hong Kong, the newbuild has a length of 366 meters and a width of 51.2 meters. Its market value currently stands at USD 88.11 million, VesselsValue’s data shows.
The 155,500 dwt COSCO Shipping Denali is the company’s fourth 14,500 TEU containership that will serve the European route. This type is a next-generation environmentally-friendly containership independently developed by Hudong Zhonghua, according to COSCO.
COSCO Shipping Denali’s sister vessels, COSCO Shipping Himalayas, COSCO Shipping Kilimanjaro and COSCO Shipping Alps, were handed over to the company in July and December 2017 and January 2018, respectively.
Source: World Maritime News
- Fire-Ravaged Maersk Honam Reaches Gulf of Oman
- EU is One More Step Closer to Trade Agreements with Japan and Singapore
- Hapag-Lloyd Makes First-Ever Call at Prince Rupert Port in Canada
- KfW to Back Responsible Ship Recycling
- ReCAAP Warns of Abu Sayyaf Kidnapping Threat in Malaysia
- Panama Canal to Raise Maximum Draft for Neopanamax Locks
- SeaIntel: Shortage of Feeders by End of 2020
- COSCO Shipping Dismisses Another Dormant Business
- In Depth- Container Efficiency Through Cooperation
- Haiphong Container Terminal Opens for Business
- COSCO Gets Nod for OOCL Takeover in the Nick of Time
- CMA CGM FAK rates changes from North Europe and Mediterranean to the Pacific Islands
- Yang Ming Seals Charter for 10 Boxship Newbuilds
- Digital Logistics: From Trend to Norm
- China’s COSCO Shipping wins U.S. security clearance for OOIL deal.
- Hapag-Lloyd Dismisses CMA CGM Merger Reports
- CMA CGM Extends Charter for Diana Containerships’ Unit
- Green light for CMA CGM $380m investment in Ceva Logistics
- Forwarders braced for impact on trade in China retaliation to latest Trump tariffs
- Drewry, Ascent of the Charter Market Is Over
- Yilport Makes a Bid for Italian Box Terminal Concession
- Trade war sparks more capacity cuts on transpacific container trades
- Maersk Line, MSC Team Up with ZIM
- 'Overcapacity not trade wars to blame for falling demand on Asia-US east coast'
- COSCO Shipping Lines Falls Victim to Cyber Attack
- COSCO Takes Majority Stake in OOCL