ONE’s First Pink Ship Makes North American Debut
The 2013-built containership was recently rebranded to ONE’s unique ‘magenta’ color scheme.
Ocean Network Express, or ONE, was formed in 2017 through the combination of Japan’s three biggest container shipping lines, NYK Line, “K” Line and MOL.
The new company kicked off operations on April 1, 2018, as the world’s sixth largest container shipping company controlling a fleet of about 240 vessels and a combined capacity of 1,440,000 TEU.
ONE Commitment is operated on THE Alliance’s Asia to North America PN2 service. She started her voyage on May 15 in Singapore, with calls in Laem Chabang (Thailand), Cai Mep (Vietnam) and Kaohsiung (Taiwan), Yantian (China) and now the Husky Terminal in Tacoma. Next, ONE Commitment will head to Vancouver before returning to Asia to call at Japanese ports of Tokyo, Kobe, Kaohsiung and finally Singapore.
ONE also has seven 14,000 teu newbuild containerships planned for delivery this year.
- Fire-Ravaged Maersk Honam Reaches Gulf of Oman
- EU is One More Step Closer to Trade Agreements with Japan and Singapore
- Hapag-Lloyd Makes First-Ever Call at Prince Rupert Port in Canada
- KfW to Back Responsible Ship Recycling
- ReCAAP Warns of Abu Sayyaf Kidnapping Threat in Malaysia
- Panama Canal to Raise Maximum Draft for Neopanamax Locks
- SeaIntel: Shortage of Feeders by End of 2020
- COSCO Shipping Dismisses Another Dormant Business
- In Depth- Container Efficiency Through Cooperation
- Haiphong Container Terminal Opens for Business
- COSCO Gets Nod for OOCL Takeover in the Nick of Time
- CMA CGM FAK rates changes from North Europe and Mediterranean to the Pacific Islands
- Yang Ming Seals Charter for 10 Boxship Newbuilds
- Digital Logistics: From Trend to Norm
- China’s COSCO Shipping wins U.S. security clearance for OOIL deal.
- Hapag-Lloyd Dismisses CMA CGM Merger Reports
- CMA CGM Extends Charter for Diana Containerships’ Unit
- Green light for CMA CGM $380m investment in Ceva Logistics
- Forwarders braced for impact on trade in China retaliation to latest Trump tariffs
- Drewry, Ascent of the Charter Market Is Over
- Yilport Makes a Bid for Italian Box Terminal Concession
- Trade war sparks more capacity cuts on transpacific container trades
- Maersk Line, MSC Team Up with ZIM
- 'Overcapacity not trade wars to blame for falling demand on Asia-US east coast'
- COSCO Shipping Lines Falls Victim to Cyber Attack
- COSCO Takes Majority Stake in OOCL