Yang Ming Seals Charter for 10 Boxship Newbuilds
Yang Ming Marine Transport Corporation has confirmed the charter for ten newbuilding containerships with Costamare and Shoei Kisen.
Under the contract, the two shipowners will order five containerships each ranging between 11,000 and 12,000 TEU.
The newbuilds are slated to start delivery in 2020 with the last ship from the batch scheduled to be completed in 2021.
Once delivered, they will be employed on a long-term time charter by Yang Ming.
The Taiwanese shipping company received a green light from its board to move forward with the fleet renewal in February this year.
Under the plan, Yang Ming will order the construction of ten 2,800 TEU containerships and charter ten 11,000 TEU containerships.
The new ships will replace the vessels which are about to be off-hired or retired in the next 2 to 3 years.
Source: World Maritime News
- Fire-Ravaged Maersk Honam Reaches Gulf of Oman
- EU is One More Step Closer to Trade Agreements with Japan and Singapore
- Hapag-Lloyd Makes First-Ever Call at Prince Rupert Port in Canada
- KfW to Back Responsible Ship Recycling
- ReCAAP Warns of Abu Sayyaf Kidnapping Threat in Malaysia
- Panama Canal to Raise Maximum Draft for Neopanamax Locks
- SeaIntel: Shortage of Feeders by End of 2020
- COSCO Shipping Dismisses Another Dormant Business
- In Depth- Container Efficiency Through Cooperation
- Haiphong Container Terminal Opens for Business
- COSCO Gets Nod for OOCL Takeover in the Nick of Time
- CMA CGM FAK rates changes from North Europe and Mediterranean to the Pacific Islands
- Yang Ming Seals Charter for 10 Boxship Newbuilds
- Digital Logistics: From Trend to Norm
- China’s COSCO Shipping wins U.S. security clearance for OOIL deal.
- Hapag-Lloyd Dismisses CMA CGM Merger Reports
- CMA CGM Extends Charter for Diana Containerships’ Unit
- Green light for CMA CGM $380m investment in Ceva Logistics
- Forwarders braced for impact on trade in China retaliation to latest Trump tariffs
- Drewry, Ascent of the Charter Market Is Over
- Yilport Makes a Bid for Italian Box Terminal Concession
- Trade war sparks more capacity cuts on transpacific container trades
- Maersk Line, MSC Team Up with ZIM
- 'Overcapacity not trade wars to blame for falling demand on Asia-US east coast'
- COSCO Shipping Lines Falls Victim to Cyber Attack
- COSCO Takes Majority Stake in OOCL