Our Blog List
Beyond the Visibility: How ShipsGo Reacted to Beirut Explosion Container Shipping Visibility
Beneficial Cargo Owners (BCO) demand more information on container transport visibility if you compared a decade ago. In the era of just-in-time delivery industry; information and real-time tracking data are critical. Demand from the cargo owners forces the freight forwarders to give that service at a high-quality level. Informing the customers in terms of ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival), delays, and BL (Bill of Lading) split in transhipment ports are critical.
How Easy to use API: Transformation from EDI to API
EDI (Electronic Data Exchange) is known as a technological infrastructure designed to perform all the information flows in the business workflows safely and quickly. This technology, which came up in the 1990s, is also an essential element of the shipping industry. However, with the advent of digitalization and cloud technology, the disadvantages of this system have become more evident.
How Can BCOs Benefit from ShipsGo Platform?
An exporter usually operates as a producer or intermediary, which needs efficient management of both inbound and outbound logistics activities in an integrated approach. For example, the exporter engaged in production with import-based inputs should accurately forecast the transit times of inputs supplied from abroad to make production planning accordingly. With the forecasting, delays due to long transit times,
5 things every company should know about cybersecurity
In the beginning, these cyber attacks made with a sense of action and self-satisfaction, unfortunately it is a profitable bonanza and becomes a sector quickly now. As the ransom obtained from the cyber attacks increases, the new cyber attacks are fired and it is obvious that this type of cyber attacks will be repeated over and over again.
Unexpected Shipment Delays
“Back in the 1990s when carriers had the on-time performance at the 90-plus percent levels, we could carry smaller amounts of inventory,” a Hong Kong-based logistics manager for a global sporting brand told Journal of Commerce Magazine in late October 2018. “Right now, we
The Costs of Goods in Transit (In-Transit Inventory) in Container Shipping
Goods in transit refer to merchandise and other inventory items that have been shipped by the seller but have not yet been received by the buyer. Let’s take the shipping journey from Guanta to Los Angeles (https://www.shipsgo.com/service-finder/guanta/los-angeles). It takes 30 days appro..
Inventory Carrying Cost
Opportunity Cost (Capital Cost): The opportunity cost of holding inventory. This should be based on the company’s cost of capital (mainly libor based (https://www.global-rates.com/interest-rates/libor/libor.aspx) using the following formula; Cost of Capital x Average Net Value of Inventory
Value of the Cargo & Share of the Container Transport Freight
The value of the cargo in a container is the most critical variable for logisticians to understand and manage the logistics costs of the company. If you deliver your good as FOB (Free on Board), you do not need to focus on the issues that we are going to discuss. If you use CIF (Cost Insurance Freight), read what we offer to you.
How do I get rid of high demurrage costs?
Demurrage cost is levied to the BCO (Shipper) in cases where they do not take the container out of the port/terminal area for unpacking within the allowed free time. Although Demurrage fee is designed to discourage use of terminals for long-term storage, and to improve equipment utilization..
Shipping Lines’s Ocean Schedules are not Reliable..
Shipping Lines’s schedules are not reliable. According to the SeaIntelligence, on-time arrivals ranged from 65 to 76 percent in the first nine months of 2018. It is evident that, as a forwarder or BCO, visibility of your carrier(s) is an essential thing for your logistics operational efficiency.
Understanding the Container Port Costs as a Business Strategy
Major costs in a container port are as follows; Terminal Handling Charges (THC), Cargo Dues (wharfage), Port Dues and Marine Services Dues. Understanding these costs, will allow users of container ports to make much more detailed plans in terms of the logistics planning. In this essay, we will try to understand the components of container port costs.
- Grow With Shipsgo Stories
- Spanish Freight Forwarder Transmec de Bortoli Group Espana Gives Digital Tracking Services with ShipsGo
- Grow With Shipsgo Academy
- Understanding the Container Port Costs as a Business Strategy
- Shipping Lines’s Ocean Schedules are not Reliable..
- How do I get rid of high demurrage costs?
- Value of the Cargo & Share of the Container Transport Freight
- Inventory Carrying Cost
- The Costs of Goods in Transit (In-Transit Inventory) in Container Shipping
- Unexpected Shipment Delays
- Russian Leading Container Transportation Company uses API service of ShipsGo for container tracking
- Turkish Leader Industrial Mineral and Metallic Producer Esan Uses ShipsGo Container Tracking Module
- Turkish Freight Forwarder has increased web site traffic significantly with ShipsGo IFrame tracking tool
- 5 things every company should know about cybersecurity
- How a leading BCO (Beneficial Cargo Owner) Integrated its ERP System with ShipsGo
- Japan Foreign Trade and Shipping Routes
- Turkish Soap and Personal Care Products Exporter Evyap Uses ShipsGo Container Tracking Module
- Evyap Benefit 1
- Evyap Benefit 2
- Evyap Benefit 3
- How Can BCOs Benefit from ShipsGo Platform?
- How Easy to use API: Transformation from EDI to API
- How a Frozen Food Exporter Benefits from ShipsGo Tracking Module ?
- SEGEA Benefit 1
- SEGEA Benefit 2
- Beyond the Visibility: How ShipsGo Reacted to Beirut Explosion Container Shipping Visibility